‘Shree Sai Niwas’ is the residence of Shri. Govind Raghunath Dabholkar alias Hemadpant, who scripted the Grantha (holy scripture) Shree Saisatcharita.
- It was in this holy abode that Sainath held the hand of Hemadpant and made him script the divine grantha Shri Saisatcharita
- On the day before Holi Pournima in the year 1917, Shree Hemadpant had a vision where Sainath said HE would visit hemadpant’s place for lunch. Accordingly on the day of ‘Holi’, Shree Sainath visited Sai Niwas in the form of an idol at noon and since then has resided there forever
- In the year 1997, Sadguru Shri Aniruddha Bapu established the statue of Sainath in Sai Niwas for the purpose of meditation. From that day onwards devotees are allowed to sit or meditate in front of this divine statue and chant the mantra ‘Om Krupasindhu Shri Sainathaya Namaha’.
- On 28th March 1996, Shri Appasaheb Dabholkar and Meenavahini Dabholkar, Grandson and Granddaughter-in-law of Shree Hemadpant had the darshan (vision) of Sainath Himself in place of Sadguru Aniruddha Bapu. Shree Sai Niwas has since then been transformed into Dwarkamaai to protect its devotees.
- Shree Sai Niwas is located very close to Bandra Railway station (approx 10 mins. walking distance.)
The postal address is
St. Martin Road,
- The timings for taking darshan are between 8.00am to 1.00pm and 4.30pm to 10.00pm on all days except Thursday’s( 8.00am to 4.30pm).
- In Sai Niwas, one also gets to see the desk which was used by Shree Hemadpant while scripting Shree Saisatcharita
Festivals Celebrated at Sai Niwas:
- Holi Pournima - This is the day on which Shree Sainath came to Sai Niwas in the form of an idol.
- Sadguru Navaratra festival (Ashwin Navaratra festival)
Prayers Performed at Shree Sai Niwas:
- Aarti is performed at 7.00pm everyday.
- Aarti is followed by chanting of either Hari Paath, Shiva Paath, Aniruddha Paath or Ganapati Atharvashirsha.